1. Windward Lake Club is a private club for use by Member’s and their guests only.
2. For admittance, Members must check-in with first & last name at the Front Desk.
3. Guests must be accompanied and registered by a Member, and guest fees must be paid either by the member or guest at time of entry. Windward residents and member guests are limited to three visits for the season. Please ask the pool manager for more details.
4. Weekly guest passes are available for out of town guests and may be purchased by a sponsoring member at the Front Desk.
5. Members are responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations and for educating their children and guests to all rules and regulations.
6. Inappropriate language, tone, or subject matter directed toward a Windward lake Club employee or member is strictly prohibited. Engaging in such dialogue/language may result in member suspension and/or termination from the club.
7. Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times and assuring that their children meet the height requirement and can safely navigate water in the slide pool and diving wells. If there is any question regarding a child’s ability to safely navigate the water, consult the pool manager on duty.
8. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult or someone 14 years of age or older.
9. Lifeguards are responsible for life safety and rule enforcement. Members must adhere to their instructions at all times. If a Member has a question or concern, address the pool manager on duty.
10. Violation of any rule may result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, suspension from the respective pool and/or the facility.
11. No running is allowed.
12. No pushing or rough play is allowed on pool deck, in pools or in locker rooms. This includes “chicken fighting” and throwing others into the pool.
13. No diving into any pools is allowed, other than diving from the boards in the diving well.
14. No hard balls including tennis balls are allowed in pools or pool area.
15. No play is allowed on railings, ladders, ropes, or other pool equipment.
16. Proper swim attire is required. Exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
17. No glass is allowed in pool area.
18. Neither food nor drinks are allowed in the pools.
19. large water guns are not allowed in or around pools.
20. Talking to lifeguards is not permitted when they are on duty.
21. No rafts allowed in pools except for flotation devices for non-swimmers.
22. Adult swim is for Members and their guests 18 years of age and older.
23. Snug fitting swim diapers and liners are required for all children not toilet trained. If a child contaminates a pool, report the problem to a lifeguard immediately.
24. Windward lake Club is a smoke-free facility.
All rules and regulations are subject to change any time at the sole discretion of WLC management.
SPECIALTY POOL RULES
• No clogging of drains.
• No stacking of chairs in Spray Park.
• No chairs or tables allowed in Spray Park
Water Slide/ Plunge Pool:
• Caution: Pregnant women and any person with a heart or back condition should not ride the slide!
• Children must be 40″ tall to use the slide.
• Only one rider can enter the flume at a time.
• Slide must be ridden lying on your back feet-first or in a sitting position.
• Rider must wait for slide attendant’s start signal before beginning ride.
• Arms and hands must be inside the flume.
• No running, diving, standing, kneeling, rotating or stopping on the slide.
• Riders must exit the plunge pool promptly after completing the ride.
• Swinging from the slide entry bar is not permitted.
Zero Depth/Children’s Pool:
• The 0 to 3′ area of this pool is generally for children under 8 years of age. It is suggested that non-swimmers wear flotation devices or water wings.
• Parents and children should be aware that the pool slopes to a depth of 5 feet.
• Climbing, diving or jumping off the starting blocks is not allowed.
• All games require lifeguard approval.
• “Dunking” basketballs from the pool deck and hanging on the basketball rim/net are not allowed.
• Only lap swimmers allowed in the lap lane.
• During swim lessons, no one is allowed in designated area
• Dive or jump facing forward. Jumping to the side is not permitted. With manager approval, a parent or guardian may teach forward diving to a child during adult swim only.
• No one may use diving boards if they have consumed alcohol or are on medication which may impair reactions.
• Diving pool is closed when there is no lifeguard on duty.
• Do not mount the Diving Stand until the prior diver has cleared the diving board.
• Do not dive until the prior diver has cleared the pool.
• Running or reckless behavior is not allowed on the boards and only one bounce is permitted for safety reasons.
• lifeguards have complete authority to restrict unsafe dives.
• Exit to the appropriate side. Never cross in front of the other board.
• Deep-water games such as water polo and sharks & minnows, require lifeguard approval and lifeguard supervision. Boards must be closed in order to play.